The festive season has only just begun! And with all those sweets and candies piling up in our homes, keeping that waistline under control gets all the more hard!
But the good news is you can still look like a million bucks without starving yourself of all those festive treats! Scroll down for tips and tricks on how to look slim this festive season.
- Skin-tight Clothes Shall Go Out the Window: Yeah because you wouldn’t want your skin to be gasping for air, loudly declaring those extra pounds you’ve gained, underneath that skintight dress. And Saree lovers! Please do get rid of or alter those saree blouses where the sleeves are too tight on the arms.
2. Over-sized Clothes Are A Big NO Too: Some people try to hide their flab under baggy clothes which I think is a big mistake. The extra body fat coupled with the large size of your clothes just makes you look bulkier than you are.
3. What Works? Clothes That Fit Well: Marilyn Monroe got it perfectly right when she stated, ‘Your clothes should be tight enough to show you’re a woman but loose enough to show you’re a lady‘. Well-fitted clothes make all the difference between a yay or a nay outfit. Ideally, your clothes should just skim over your skin.
4. Shapewear Is Your Secret Weapon: Hide any bulges with good-quality shapewear. Of course, they are not always convenient and especially the tummy tuckers make it difficult to comfortably eat or even to take deep breaths. But I guess that’s a small price to pay for a few hours of looking smashing and making great pictures for life.
5. Stripes are IN but…: Always go for vertical stripes on tops and bottom wear as they give an illusion of length, making you look taller. For the same reason, avoid horizontal stripes as they make you look broader.
6. Color Coordinate Your Outfit: Keep your entire outfit either of the same color or different tones of it. Try and avoid contrasting colors for top and bottom wear as this would highlight the midsection of the body which is usually the part you’d most like to camouflage.
7. Use Heels to Your Advantage: Is your outfit too drab? Heel it with a pair of killer heels! Heels do a great job of streamlining your body and adding those coveted extra inches to your frame! If you’re wearing a knee-length or shorter dress, put your bets on nude heels to make your legs appear longer and slimmer. Another way to make your legs look slim and long is to wear shoes that taper in the front.
8. Quick Tip to Minimize The Double Chin: Wear tops with open necks, such as a boat neck or V-neck to play down your double chin. This balances the under-chin area and makes your neck appear slimmer and longer.
9. Coats And Blazers Are The Smartest Camouflages: The temperature is dropping so wearing a coat or a blazer makes sense even otherwise. What’s more, these tailored outwears are also perfect to hide any midsection bulges and they even make your arms and back look slimmer. Another good option is a waistcoat which adds a vertical element.
10. Prints Can Do Magic: Wear busy prints on your problem areas. For example, if you’re a top-heavy lady with slimmer legs, wear tops with busy prints and pair them with fitted bottom wear. Choose elegant, small-size prints over loud, or big prints unless you have the quirky personality to carry them off.
11. Statement Jewelry Can Do Wonders: Put on a few well-chosen pieces of jewelry or statement jewelry to take attention away from your flabby parts. For example, an antique pendant can take away attention from your heavy midsection. Similarly statement earrings draw attention to your face, taking it away from your body.
12. Pick Clothes in Structured Materials: Flimsy, jersey knit materials can make you look bigger as they add layers of drape to your body. Always pick clothes in structured materials that do not have a lot of drape as they give a streamlined shape and structure to the body.
13. Consider the Length of the Dress: While picking dresses or kurtis, go for ones which fall just at your knee or above it. Avoid the ones longer than the knee-level.
14. Play Up The Colors: As we all know black has the maximum slimming effect, so use it liberally for your outfits. But black is of course not as festive so you can substitute it with other darker colors like navy blue, ink blue, burgundy, and wine.
15. Highlight Your Natural Waist: Take a leaf out of Kim Kardashian’s style book and highlight your natural waist. Your natural waist is the area right below your rib cage which is usually the slimmest part of your waist. Highlight this part through belts or tops that cinch here to give the appearance of a slimmer figure. You can also go in for empire line dresses to draw attention to your natural waist.
Finally, no matter what your body type, a good posture and a great smile are the best ways to look absolutely fabulous. 🙂
Got more such tips to share? Drop it in the comments below!